I've had a few people ask me how I made my Avatar Korra cosplay, so I figured I'd upload pictures so that people can get a closer look.
I made this using leather and 8 eyes (hook and eye clasps without the hooks). Le method:
1. Measure around your arm just below your armpit and an inch to an inch and a half above your elbow. This will tell you how far your armlet needs to wrap around your arm.
2. Measure the distance on your arm between the two spots where you just measured. This will give you the width of your armlet.
3. At this point, you are ready to draw out a pattern. Remember to make one side of your pattern slightly longer than the actual circumference of your arm as this will allow you to have a little leeway if you want to loosen your armlet while wearing it (this is the extra white area without any patterns on it). Also remember that you should put a slight curve into your pattern as this will fit your arm better (you can see this slight curve above).
3. Make sure to figure out the math so that the blue triangles are even and evenly spaced on your pattern.
4. Use your pattern to first cut out the bottom white leather piece, then use your pattern to cut out the blue triangular pieces.
5. Sew together XD
6. Figure out the placing of the eyes and sew them on.
7. Cut out a thin strip of leather for the lacing.
-Leather is unforgiving: once you make a hole, it stays there forever! ...so make sure you measure and have a way of making sure the pieces don't slide around on you while you are punching the holes.
-Make sure you are using a leather needle and very thick thread.
So there you have it! I know this description isn't super detailed, but hopefully it'll help you get the idea! Happy Korra cosplaying!!!!